April 25, 2007

A little read and a little gamble

Well, yes. I am starting to believe, that learned to say "No" and quit, when even a little steam shows up.

Yesterday I started steming after very interesting hand. People involved was a passive rock in early position and super tilted guy on the button. I was in between.

The rock raises 2BB, what is uuuber fishy bet from him and I put him on AA or KK - momentarily. I really looking forward to outdraw him here and call with KQo. I am already considering, that tilty guy will call as well with any drawing hand like mine or worse.

So. The flop comes 2KQ with two diamonds. As I have one K, the board has another, by my reads, I put the raiser most likely to AA and his pot sized bet just shows it. I triple his bet in order so send tilted drawing hand go away. But instead - tilted one pushes. Rock calls. Now I have to call about the same amount I raised - a little bit more. With hopes, that my read about AA is right, I do that.

The turn and river are bricks. As I predicted - the tilty guy had JTo and didn't get anything. That rocky guy had KK.

Half of buy-in is gone and I am leaving the table.

----------------

On other news - yesterday told that I am quitting my job. It feels good.

No comments: