February 27, 2007

Regularity of playing / new Full Tilt ads

Just don't know, is it good or bad. I am talking not about "every day regularity", or even "five days out of seven regularity". I am talking two days in a week. From one point of view, it makes me pretty rusty and uncomfortable for at least first 50 hands. And, as we all have heard, many players insist on playing every day. And there's a very logical reason to this - more hands/more play/more experience.

From other side of things - after I made myself a law, that I'll play only rested and undisturbed [witch led to conclusion, that I can afford to play only twice a week] - my poker sessions started to mean more and make more sence game wise. I am preparing for a session and, even it goes bad, I know exactly why I lost this or that.

I am starting to believe, that everyday poker [don't get me started on multi tabling] isn't the real game anymore, but only substitute to another reflective action - an action the most poker players believe to run away from. A little dillemma. A little.

But maybe I'm writing this, couse I haven't played for three days and can't wait tomorow.

On other news, PokerOnAMac had posted brand new FT television ad. Didn't like most of them, if honest. But still - it's very nice to see, that FT taking a step in education about poker being game of skill, not luck.

No comments: