March 26, 2007

We suck at European Poker Tour

With "we" I mean folks from Latvia. As everything is approached to EPT Grand Final in Monte Carlo, I decided to have a look to people participating there. Never saw a single televised episode
of EPT [I will do that sometime, though], so there wasn't any particular reason why I went to their site. But, as I was there, I decided to do a little research - how many latvian poker players play there. Baaa! Not a single one! There are even people from our neighbouring countries!

It's sad from one side. But from other side - I can still be the first one [although I am a poor bastard right now].

As for this season's grand final, the site writes the following: "There are currently 640 players registered for the Grand Final. This will produce a record prize pool of more than €6 million, making the EPT Season 3 Grand Final the richest poker touranment ever held outside the USA. The winner will receive more than €1,600,000 (over US $2,200,000)."

About that Neteller case: turns out, that those 75 days aren't meant to be the payment
deadline. More at KickAssPoker.

No comments: