January 04, 2007

Money and poker rooms

OK. I am new to the poker community - no million years spent in the game, but pretty much is going on in poker world, no doubt about that.

Ofcourse, the biggest thing last year was UIGEA boom and all to that releated. Recently there was numerous claims, that several Full Tilt accounts had been hacked and FT people didn't do anything about it. Now Pokerroom...

Must admit, for some reason didn't know about it till today, and if you haven't either, here we go: there was a Christmas Special 19K tourney at Pokerroom and the price for competing there was just 20+2$. Pretty fine, heh?! So, guy wons, recieves about 3800$ in winnings and the next day recieves a letter from PR which said something like "sorry, but we overpaid you, so we're taking Your monies back". Pretty cool, considering, that official response [I guess] from PR about this incident came only two weeks after massive wave of complains floating online.

p.s. A little from my favorite rock radio station:
- Mom, give metal to me. It's too heavy for you!

2 comments:

StB said...

You should check out Bill Rini's take on the FTP story. Sad what happend to Duggle, but Bill worked for them and can explain why FTP responded as they did.

The Pokerroom is just a train wreck. I busted my cherry at Pokerroom and was sad they cut off Americans. Now I am not.

osinsh said...

Thanx. I will definetly check that out!