January 18, 2007

Sometimes we must let it go...

Ok. NL 25$.

I am on the button with QQ and after two limpers bump it up to 1.25$. Blinds, who are tight and decent players call, as well as two middle position limpers, who are marked as loose, very loose players who will go till the end with TopPairNoDamnKicker.

Flop comes J 9 6 two clubs.

Everybody checks to me and I decide to take the pot right here with 2$ bet. Blinds fold. First green limper calls [hmmmm....] second limper goes all-in with 10$. SHIT!!!

My first thought is AJ for him, but then, suddenly, only thing I see is a set for him. I have him covered, but I decide, that my queens are no good here. I fold. Wow - the first green limper goes all-in, too!

I am pretty happy, that I folded my overpair. I am happy for about ten seconds. Those guys went in with all their money with straight draws. Won the first guy, who made pair of tens on the river. So - yes - I let go pretty big pot there. But I still haven't figured, was my folding wrong. I guess that was a right move.

2 comments:

AAPoker said...

In low stakes games you can't fold QQ here. If you were unlucky enough that the guy flopped with JJ 99 or 66, then thats a bit of a cooler and you are gonna lose 10 bucks. The much more likely, you are up against AJ, KJ, even QJ, a flush draw, various straight draws, perhaps K-10, Q-10, 10-8. I really think you are ahead of their range 80% of the time, you have to do the best to get all your money in when you are ahead.

osinsh said...

Ehhhh. Guess You are right... 20 bucks could help me :]

p.s. Congrats on earnings today [yesterday]!