January 04, 2007

To Limp or not to limp?

As it's said in that legendary movie: "You can't loose what you don't put in the middle, but you can't win much either". Egh. It's true, you know.

OK, after big bustout I made my current roll from 8$, but still, overall, I am not a winning player. So there are leaks to be plugged. After yesterday's session there was a disapointment - it seems I've lost my agression somewhere. I don't even 3bet often. Just minraise.. minraise... I believe, that this is a main reason, I sometimes experience too many suckouts against me.

Ferguson, don't remember where, once said, that he strongly believes, that limping in is a bad play - he tries to come in the game always with the same raise - either he's holding AA or 97soooted. There are moments I want to enduce that play in me, but when it comes to one gap connectors I often just don't want to put such money in for those cards. Even with my most favorite hand of all times - QT. Gotta work on that...

Second thing - continuation bets. Weeeee, they give me trouble. Like mighty Matusows speach in HSP about getting out of the bluff - it's difficult. Specially on the flop.

p.s. review is coming up this weekend.

No comments: